General Landlord/Tenant & Evictions Real Estate/Lending Time for Court Unlawful Detainer

Kick Out Ex Girlfriend From House Florida

Kick Out Ex Girlfriend from House Florida
Kick Out Ex Girlfriend from House Florida

If you’re reading this legal blog its because you have someone in your house that you’ve asked to leave and they refuse to leave. This person may be an ex girlfriend, ex boyfriend, a family member, kid, or an unwanted guest/occupant. At one time this individual had permission to be at the Property, but you have since taken it away. For starters, do not just change the locks on them. This is a bad idea and will create a further unnecessary legal headache for you.

In order to narrow down what type of legal recourse you have, you need to consider the following:

  1. You are the Owner of the Property or you are a Tenant on the Lease at that property;
  2. Permission for the Occupant to be at the Property has been revoked; 
  3. The Unwanted Occupant does not claim an ownership interest in the Property; and
  4. There is no Landlord/Tenant Relationship between you and the Unwanted Occupant.

If the answer is YES to ALL of the above, the appropriate course of action for removal of the Unwanted Occupant is called a Florida Unlawful Detainer Action under Florida Statutes, Chapter 82. This action is filed in the County Court of where the Property is located and moves through the Court System at a much faster pace than a traditional Florida lawsuit.

If you answered NO to one of the above questions, although a Florida Unlawful Detainer may not be the best option for removal, we recommend contacting an experienced Florida Real Estate Attorney, such as Law Office of Ryan S. Shipp, PLLC to learn about other ways to get them out! These options include, but are not limited to, a Florida Eviction, Ejectment, a Partition of the Property, and other remedies provided for by Florida Law. Contact our office today @ 561.699.0399 to see how we can assist. Our office is located in Lantana, Florida, we serve all of Florida.

Licensed to practice law in the State of Florida since 2008, Ryan S. Shipp, Esquire is the founder and principal attorney at Law Office of Ryan S. Shipp, PLLC, which is located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Mr. Shipp and his team of associate attorneys and support staff focus their practice in the areas of real estate and business law.

Related Posts

Florida Landlords

Top 10 Things Every Florida Landlord Should Know

Are you interested in becoming a landlord in Florida or are you already a Florida landlord? Being a landlord can be a pretty rewarding experience, but it’s crucial…

Mr. Deeds | Florida Quitclaim Deed Lawyer

Mr. Deeds | Florida Quitclaim Deed Lawyer

Who Is Mr. Deeds? Let me tell you about this Florida attorney who goes by the nickname “Mr. Deeds”. He’s gained quite a reputation for helping his clients…

Florida Unlawful Detainer Lawyers

How Do I Legally Remove Someone From My House In Florida

Florida Unlawful Detainer Lawyers Have you found yourself in a situation where you need to remove someone from your Florida home, but don’t know where to start? Whether…

Residential Lease Drafting

Residential Lease Drafting | 561.699.0399

Residential Lease Drafting Residential lease drafting is an essential process that landlords and tenants should engage in to establish the terms of a rental agreement. The process of…

West Palm Beach Real Estate Attorneys

West Palm Beach Real Estate Attorneys | 561.699.0399

The Role Of A West Palm Beach Real Estate Attorney If you’re thinking of buying or selling a property in West Palm Beach or Florida, you might be…

Quitclaim Deeds In Florida

Quitclaim Deeds In Florida

Quitclaim Deed Basics A Florida quitclaim deed is a legal document that allows real property to be transferred without any guarantees of title. In Florida, it’s a straightforward…

Facebook Iconfacebook like buttonSubscribe on YouTubeTwitter Icontwitter follow buttonVisit Our Lead Counsel Page