Landlord/Tenant & Evictions Unlawful Detainer

I Need to Kick Guest out of my Florida Property!

I Need to Kick Guest out of my Florida Property!
I Need to Kick Guest out of my Florida Property!

When a Guest has been living at your Florida property with your permission, but has no lease agreement, no duration of time of stay has been set forth, and there has not been an exchange of rent, (e.g. a boyfriend, girlfriend, relative, friend) but they refuse to vacate, there are various legal remedies which are provided for in Florida Statutes in order for the owner to regain possession of their Florida property. The proceeding is called a Florida Unlawful Detainer action.

On the other hand, when someone has possession of your Florida property pursuant to a lease agreement (verbal or written), and there is an exchange of payment to stay, the occupant must be removed through a Florida Eviction action.

In Florida Unlawful Detainer actions, there is no requirement to give the unwanted guest notice. Once you have requested that the unwanted guest must leave and they refuse to do so, you may file a Florida Unlawful Detainer complaint for possession with the court.

Once the Unlawful Detainer complaint is filed, the legal process is very similar to that of a Florida Eviction; whereas the unwanted guest is given the opportunity to respond, and, if they do, the court may require a hearing. If the unwanted guest fails to respond, the process can proceed somewhat quickly, culminating in possession being returned to you, the property owner, upon the entry of a final judgment for possession, which rescinds any rights the unwanted guest has to possess the property.

As in any Florida legal matter, having an experienced team of attorneys representing you and acting on your behalf to efficiently progress your case through the court system is invaluable. Our experienced team of Unlawful Detainer Attorneys and Eviction Attorneys at The Law Office of Ryan S. Shipp, PLLC are ready and willing to assist you. We are based in Lantana, Florida and can be reached @ 561.699.0399.

Licensed to practice law in the State of Florida since 2008, Ryan S. Shipp, Esquire is the founder and principal attorney at Law Office of Ryan S. Shipp, PLLC, which is located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Mr. Shipp and his team of associate attorneys and support staff focus their practice in the areas of real estate and business law.

Related Posts

Unlawful Detainer

Guest Won’t Leave House Florida | 561.699.0399

GUEST WON’T LEAVE HOUSE FLORIDA Do you have a guest that refuses to leave your Florida home? Problems with guests over staying their welcome are coming up now…

Ryan S. Shipp Esq.

Ryan Shipp, Esquire: The Tenacious Landlord Attorney Who Gets The Job Done

When it comes to landlord-tenant disputes in Florida, there’s one attorney who stands out from the rest: Ryan Shipp, Esquire. Known for his fierce determination, extensive legal knowledge…

Florida Unlawful Detainer

Florida Unlawful Detainer | 561.699.0399

What Is A Unlawful Detainer? An Unlawful Detainer is a lawsuit that is filed by a Florida property owner that requests that the court issue an order to…

Florida College Evictions

Eviction Challenges Near Florida College Campuses: Attorney Landlord Services To The Rescue

Hey there, landlords near college campuses in Florida! We know that managing rental properties can be a rewarding venture, but dealing with evictions can be a real headache….

Florida Landlords

Top 10 Things Every Florida Landlord Should Know

Are you interested in becoming a landlord in Florida or are you already a Florida landlord? Being a landlord can be a pretty rewarding experience, but it’s crucial…

Florida Unlawful Detainer Lawyers

How Do I Legally Remove Someone From My House In Florida

Florida Unlawful Detainer Lawyers Have you found yourself in a situation where you need to remove someone from your Florida home, but don’t know where to start? Whether…

Facebook Iconfacebook like buttonSubscribe on YouTubeTwitter Icontwitter follow buttonVisit Our Lead Counsel Page